The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has severely impacted the health and wellness scene across the globe. Traumatic events like loss of lives and lost livelihoods have debilitating effects on morale as well as health. It has been seen that epidemics usually cause several negative responses in people’s psychology, and they commonly suffer from sleep disorders, anxiety, and mood swings, and they do not subside even after the crisis subsides.
So, when it comes to looking at the post-corona wellness trends, it is important to have a holistic approach towards the subjects and include different domains in the scope. Rising healthcare costs, increased rate of chronic diseases, and higher impact on aging population are there to name a few. Here, let’s have a look at the possible wellness trends in the post-corona period.
1. Survival would be a precursor, and prevention and precaution would take the front seat during this period. Social distancing would be the new formula to interact socially while going to the market, or while working at the office. Masks would become mandatory, restaurants would require their staff members to wear chef caps and hair nets, and contact-less deliveries would become the norm. Handwashing and sanitizers use would become more frequent, and the health industry will embrace some new words like containment, quarantine and isolation.
Nabia Moisturizing Face Cream with Cica, Vitamin B3, Hyaluronic Acid, Saccharomyces and natural lavender scent white, 1.69 Fl Oz
Nabia Plant-based Natural Face Wash with Vitamin C: Gentle and Clean Revitalizing Cleanser, 5.07 Fl Oz
Nabia Cica Serum- Less Visible Fine Lines & Wrinkles with Cica, white lavender, 1.62 Fl Oz
2. People will no longer rely on doctors for health related information. They would rather turn to digital platforms to diagnose and understand their concerns. For instance, ‘I can’t smell’ became one of the most searched set of keywords among people in pandemic prone areas like the US and India. People would go to medical websites, YouTube, pharma websites, Twitter, FaceBook, and hospital websites for hunting facts, opinions and stats.
3. Untouchable wearables: Untouchable band became one of the popular wearables during the corona pandemic. This special band gives mild vibrations whenever you try to unconsciously touch your face. It is also helpful in changing habits and behaviors like hair pulling, nail biting, nose picking, and thumb sucking. Such habits are highly responsible for spreading the virus across the globe.
4. The most helpful post-corona wellness trend would be to build immunity and eat healthy. By building your immunity levels, you can fight not only Covid-19, but other diseases as well in the future. More home remedies and wonder foods may be discovered to strengthen immunity. For instance, millets have recently been hyped for boosting immunity levels, and serving as an excellent source of fiber, protein, minerals, micronutrients, antioxidants, and vitamins. Similarly, sale of immune supplements will also gain a momentum during this period.
5. Mental health will also become a major concern in the post-corona period. Due to massive loss of employment, starvation, homelessness, loan defaults, alcoholism, poverty, increased gender violence, increased crime rate, and depleted safety nets in the society will lead to many mental conditions in people, such as chronic stress, depression, anxiety, self-harm, as well as suicides. These problems are even more prominent in frontline medical workers, Covid-19 survivors, differently able individuals, youngsters, and women.
In today’s times of uncertainty and loom, good health is of prime importance, both physically and mentally. So, there are possibilities that even when the pandemic subsides, we will clearly such these trends among the people and their behavior.